BW to COLOR Photoshop Project

For the BW to COLOR project, I took one of my high school graduation pictures and using Photoshop, I changed the original picture into a black and white image. I created three different colorized versions by applying three different color palettes from color.adobe.com. From color.adobe.com, I choose the Double-Split Complimentary, Analogous, and Compound color palettes. It took me a total of 8 hours over a couple days to complete the project.

My first colorized version follows the Double-Split Complimentary color palette. I chose this color version because I liked the colors blue and purple. Being my first version, I found it challenging to get the colors applied to the image. This version took me the longest; about 4 hours. For this version, I chose to make my hair blue and my jacket purple. For both the hair and jacket, I used Quick Selection Tool. The Quick Selection Tool made it easy to select the hair and jacket.

My second colorized version follows the Analogous color palette. I chose this color version because again blue is my favorite color. For this version, I chose to make my hair green, my jacket light blue, and my pants blue. I liked how the pants stand out in the finished image. For both the hair, jacket, and pants I used Quick Selection Tool. The Quick Selection Tool made it easy to select the hair and jacket. This version took me about 2 hours to finish.

My third colorized version follows the Compound color palette. I chose this color version because it was different and I wanted to experiment with the colors. I thought the outcome would give goofy colors. For this version, I chose to make my hands and face green, my jacket pinkish purple, and my pants Khaki color. For both hands, face, jacket, and pants I used Quick Selection Tool. At this point, I found using the Quick Selection Tool easy to use. This image took me about 2 hours to complete.

Original Image


Double-Split Complementary


Analogous


Compound

Comments

  1. These were well done. You did a. good job of masking out the different parts of yourself

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the colors you chose and you did a really good job coloring all the individual parts of yourself. I had a lot of trouble with this assignment and you did it so well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job with the photo selection and color selection! I love that you used contrasting color palettes for each. You did great with the blending as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

walk cycle

Digital Media Final Portfolio

dialogue