Richard Jacob Digital Media Intro

Hello my name is Richard Jacob, I am a student at the University of Tampa majoring in film with the hopes of becoming a film director. I am very excited for this class as I had a very similar class in high school, called Multi-Media. I enjoy making and editing video clips as I am a very creative and imaginative person. I expect that this class is a little similar to the class I had in high school but at the college level. I hope to learn how to edit and create amazing pieces of media.

I was born Richard Edward Jacob, III. I grew up in Mequon, WI with my mom in a single parent household. In seventh grade, my father passed away from cancer. While growing up, I enjoyed learning how to play the string bass in the Mequon-Thiensville Orchestra program, playing ice hockey as an Ozaukee Ice Dog and as a Homestead Highlander, and in my spare time playing video games. I have a passion for creating, whether it be writing or planning out material that I want to turn into film.

I played ice hockey at age 5 and continued through high school. One year I scored 10 goals. Eventually, I became a goalie. I played on my Homestead Hockey team for 4 years. A highlight from my junior year was a shutout against the USM Wildcats. I learned that no goalie at Homestead ever had a shutout against USM. On Senior Night, I started as goalie, played the majority of the game, and shared a shutout with the other 2 varsity goalies against Deforest. That night I received the MVP award which is awarded during home games to the most deserving player.

In third grade, I became a special education student as I was diagnosed with PTSD. I created an imaginary world filled with dragons and other anthropomorphic beings as a coping mechanism for being bullied at school. This world has the main faction (the Raddmoses Kingdom) face off against other factions (Confederate Union, Dark Union, The Federation, Dragon Claw, and the Army’s of Gorgola) while also following the story of Iyon and Zouann (the 2 main characters). Each character is based on a person, emotion, or item from my life. In sixth grade, I started to put my imaginary world on paper and started writing my book called War of Dragons. War of Dragons is a Sci-Fi fantasy story about dragons with elemental powers who take down enemies; which I hope to be the next Star Wars. In my Senior year, I started to bring War of Dragons to the screen through my assignments in my Multimedia classes. My dream of becoming a film Director seemed real.

I played the string bass from 4th grade through high school through the Mequon-Thiensville Orchestra program. While taking Multimedia during my senior year, I was inspired to write themes for the main characters in my book for the movie trailer assignment. I used my string bass to compose their themes. Mr. Emanuelson, my Orchestra teacher guided me through the process to write music for all instruments in an orchestra. We played my piece at my final high school orchestra concert. It was awesome!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

walk cycle

Digital Media Final Portfolio

dialogue